Wednesday, September 15, 2010

settling in

The next chapter has begun. I am writing from the floor/ my bed pallet of my new room, gazing out the window on my right to the little hill and leads up to a mess of tree roots that make up my view. I love it. On my left is my wine-club pinot grigio I brought down from Denver, and a little bowl of apples and sharp cheddar. They really bring out the honey finish on this wine. I LOVE IT!

I found a job as well. It's at a beautiful restaurant dedicated to traditional Tuscan food. I finally found some pictures of it; there aren't any on their website, which really is a shame





And a place to live with a great roomie. We have an interesting mural in the living room:


In a city with great art:


And as clumsy as this entry is, and as lazy as my writing has been, I am so happy to be here.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States