Thursday, December 4, 2008

falling poem

I have finally admitted love. Snow. It turns the world into a poem, muffled, murmured under thick blankets, piles of fluff sitting on car roofs, the thicker branches of trees, hand rails, outdoor table tops, turned to confetti clouds with quick puffs of breath. Wind blowing blizzards from trees, barrage catching light. *crunch crunch crunch* Walks away from school to tilt the head back, open mouth, tongue out. Secret giggles and *joy joy joy* *stomp kick slide* a thousand ballroom dances in midair


Dear Love,

I'm a so *yahoo!* right now.

I think it is an image I have of walking with you slow, hand-in-hand, mitten mushed together as the clouds fall, laughing, talking lowly, appreciating all wonder that is the world we are so lucky to live in. Pointing at little miracles of flakes piled high on a fence post, or the way they *whooosh* from tree tops in the wind, billions swirling free as you and me.

I'd love to see you tonight, to maybe take a walk after the sun goes down and the town quiets and maybe it'll just be me and you and everything muffled so I can hear my heart beating faster just knowing you're there...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States