This is a facebook thing. It's the only non-academic, non-interpersonal thing I've written in a few days so I am cheating and posting it here:
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1) I have three main fears in life: tornados, love and myself. I think they might be related.
2) I am overly enthusiastic. I've been trying to cover this up my whole life but find it's like sticking a plug in the hole of a poorly built dam.
3) Main decisions in my life are marked by putting myself into situations I know nothing about for no particular reason other than a vague sense of intuition. My current pursuit of a masters in biological anthropology can stand as an example.
4) I have a self-diagnosed case of IMDS (inner monologue deficiency syndrome) which leads me to say things before I've thought about them at all. I think it's incurable.
5) I can run my tongue behind my tonsils.
6) I've never seen Pulp Fiction.
7) The secret, most precious moment in my day is to wake up in the middle of the night and find that he and I are holding hands.
8) I totter on the edge of extremes constantly. I thought this was normal, but as I get older realize that maybe it's not.
9) My greatest dream is to bounce around the world sporadically for a year... or five.
10) I no longer own a car and although I love Ol' Blue the Bike and his dairy basket more than I can say, I miss being able to tear off into the night whenever I damn well please.
11) This is the first time in my life when I truly enjoy working out.
12) I've been injuring myself a lot lately.
13) I think my mom and I are connected in ways I'll never be able to describe scientifically. It's thrilling and amazing and sometimes frightening.
14) I am a solar panel and feel a distinct recharge after sitting in the sun.
15) I daydream about sitting in the sun almost every day.
16) I feel more in my body when I have long hair.
17) I get stuck on media pieces and will listen/watch them repeatedly- songs, movies especially- so that it's hard for me to find time to branch out and experience more.
18) In my other computer window I am watching the "Bang Bang" music video by Nancy Sinatra.
19) The greatest lesson I am learning in life, that grows like a snowball, is that people make the journey.
20) I have the best friends I could ever ask for and can hardly believe there are more to be had.
21) My favorite type of beer is a well rounded porter. Tequila: Don Julio Blanco. Whiskey: always open.
22) I can't drink rum because I get emotional. Vodka because I get too extreme. And gin because it smells like rubbing alcohol.
23) Although I haven't had a TV in 6 years, I spend more time on the internet than I care to admit.
24) Being tired is my kryptonite. If don't get enough rest, I'm pretty sure my brain sleeps hemispherically during the day like a whale.
25) When I die, I want all my usable parts donated, my body cremated and thrown into the ocean, somewhere dolphins live. Maybe a few flowers on top. I know dolphins are cliche, but definitely want my next life to be spent as one.
25a) I have to post this twice because there are too many people I am curious about and can't fit them all into one "tag"
You Really Need to be Drinking Vermouth Right Now
10 years ago

1 comment:
Awesome, Margaret, to be included in those 25 random things! I mean, to mention it in your blog so it is really on your mind...but it is true, but don't let it scare you. It really proves another dimension in life that we want to ignore because we really don't understand it. There are those who really can explain it.I should write 25 random things too! Mom
Post a Comment