Saturday, November 14, 2009

sodium light circles

It's snowing again and I've just removed freshly cleaned, warm flannel sheets from the dryer and put them on the bed. Been inside all day, waking up slowly and reconnecting. Music, laughter, my heart still beating fast every time he enters the room.

The sun was gone by 5pm and now the leftover skyglow mixed with electric park lights show round shadows below the trees across the street, their barren branches blue and yellow in reflection. I can just barely see the corner of one pond and its sodium light circles. Tonight is packed with a variety of fun and activities- old friends in town, new friends filling bars, snow falling to coat it all in magic. But in this moment of incense filled peace I am trying to remember, again, to breathe and make it deep, pulling out all the old junk and waking up the cool restful spirit hidden somewhere down below.

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States