So much moving underfoot right now, tectonic plates and lava,
new forms erupting violently and rocks melting back into the belly of it all.
Oh the moods, so clear when little is set in stone.
It’s lovely now, growing older and knowing how moods change so quickly, sometimes many in a day. It makes the good more enjoyable, knowing its intrinsic fleetingness, and the bad more tolerable for the same reason. In the most enlightened moments, I enjoy
sculpting them like clay, with a song or mental scene, sometimes just a deep breath that does nothing but fill my mind with nothing for three-full-glorious-seconds of letting go.
As refreshing as climbing the sky in an airplane and leaving a cloudy ground behind momentarily. What was once a fading day, light slipping from its fingers in unceremonious escape becomes a glorious burst of color caught in the horizon, reds and pinks and salmons singing praises to the stars’ night parade.
Because all that gray and longing for the sun is only a small part of the world; the sun is always there and our condition, like our perspective, is ever shifting.
You Really Need to be Drinking Vermouth Right Now
10 years ago

1 comment:
wow!
Reading all three of your posts in 2010 I want to tell you how much I enjoy them - your thoughts and your writing - and agree, especially with the Julie and Julia post though I've always found myself quite ordinary and wished I could be more like you, striving for the education and the intelligence and spiritualness and individuality but I think honestly, I was just too lazy. To the point that I want so badly to have something witty and intelligent to say here, and have nothing. I love the you that is ordinary and I love the you that is unique - and I think that your resolutions are very ambitious and introspective. Could you make a list for me? I just said I was going to quit smoking. (See? So ordinary.)
char ;)
Post a Comment