Ahhh... back in the familiar land of blogspot and I don't think I'll be leaving any time soon. Funny how that goes: you don't know what you've got till it's gone, grass is always greener and all that jazz. I moved over to Tumblr because the design fascinated me, and I ran across a really interesting writer who got his start there. But I missed so many blogspot things: the ability to put as many spaces as I wanted between my paragraphs, the opportunity for folks to leave comments, often and effective saving, and the chance to follow anyone's blog, no matter what provider they use. Got to hand it to Google again- they do it better.
Plus, after writing in here almost every day for a year in grad school, the format is so comforting and, because of that... inspiring? I think I am finally getting to a point in my life now when familiar can spur creativity, too (or at least getting to a point where I can admit it). And it looks almost like a rough draft here, which is great, because that's the truth. The other format made me feel as though I could say nothing unless it were well polished, but that just ain't going to happen, not from this little writer. Guess it's better to produce crap out of determination, than nothing at all out of fear/ intimidation.
Going to move the blogs I wrote on Tumblr over soon, but I'll start by posting some new blogs first. Horray! So good to be home.
You Really Need to be Drinking Vermouth Right Now
10 years ago

2 comments:
:D exciting
"Guess it's better to produce crap out of determination, than nothing at all out of fear/ intimidation." I like that.
And welcome back!
Post a Comment