Got some over the weekend. Especially on Sunday morning when we were given an extra hour by the miracle of illogical time change- somehow sleeping until 11:30 didn't feel as gluttonous as getting up after noon. I am an opponent of daylight savings in general, especially living in the shadow of mountains when the sunset is early anyway. But that extra hour, wow, almost made it all worth it this year.
Sleep deprivation is my kryptonite. It affects everything- cognition, memory, ability of my body to fight disease and maintain flexibility, spelling, social contact, creativity, motivation and, above all, mood. I'm better now than I used to be (believe it or not) and I chalk that up to practice/ no longer knowing the difference. But I will say this morning is a different beast than the last fourteen. I was able to have a conversation with the coffee shop people and make complete sentences. The coffee was a boost and not a life force. I got here early enough to drink it all in one sitting, instead of peddling up the small CU mountain with a slopping cup messing up my gear shifters. I can tune out the extra noises of the day, instead of letting them grate on my inner nerves. I have to admit, it's all quite nice.
You Really Need to be Drinking Vermouth Right Now
10 years ago

1 comment:
I get a decent night's sleep about once a month and I know exactly what you're talking about.
Post a Comment