Thursday, May 6, 2010

thanks, google

So today I read an article on the new rules of job application. I am not really looking to work for anyone else right now- 4 companies seems to be my max, but I was curious anyway. And particularly about what I might have been doing wrongly this winter. Number 4 or so on their list of job application tips was a friendly reminder that the first thing an employer might do is google you. So I did this and what's the first things to come up? My blog. And what is the ONLY line google published? A little joke sentence from 5 entries ago, written as a fake PS for a letter to 1515 Restaurant.

The whole entry looks like this:

Expanding
Margaret Shugart PS Please PLEASE hire me! I'll do anything, ANYTHING! .... Margaret Shugart: Boulder, Colorado, United States: Entering year two of the ...

Brilliant. I removed the post from my blog, but it is still the only information listed regarding my writing, and will be acting as my first impression to employers, or anyone else who searches me, until google decides differently. So, why not? Re-add that post and double the sentence in this one, so I am sure it shows up first.

Thanks google. You have a lovely sense of humor.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States