I used to keep a dream journal, in hopes that I would remember my dreams better, and perhaps even become lucid. Just woke up from the middle of one, which rarely happens anymore, so I thought I'd write it down.
I was riding my bike home in some rural area with a lot of hills and trees. I had a sense there was farmland behind these trees. And behind me was an overweight fellow, also on a bike, lost. I helped him find his way to the proper intersection so he could go back home. During that time, he was partially flirting with me and partially bragging about how many women he was seeing/ speaking to/ etc. I took his flirting as a mild compliment and wished him the best.
Other things happened that took up, in my head, the span of a few weeks.
Then I was riding home again and realized that things started to become unfamiliar. I was going up hills I wasn't accustomed to and seeing buildings I had never seen before. I had been very lost in thought and figured I missed my turnoff. I decided to turn around at the bottom of a hill and get the exercise from riding up the whole thing again. But at the bottom of the hill was a lovely little village, set on blue-green water.
It ended up being the town of the gentleman who was previously lost. I ran into him as I was searching for a place to turn around. Unfortunately, lots of the dream has faded here. Somewhere in the midst of it, a red haired woman came into the scene. She was spicy and had a potentially bad reputation, but I could tell she was playing into a little because she felt helpless against the power of gossip and judgment; it seemed she actually didn't deserve the title.
The last scene of the dream was stunning. They had a little theater there- could be used for both movies and plays. I went with the whole village to watch a movie about the ocean, or set on the ocean about ships or something. And I went with the sense of being accepted by a group, becoming part of something bigger than myself. The building was set low, almost at sea level and the backdrop to the theater was all glass and arranged so that you could see out of one long glass wall and one short one, beyond which was the blue-green ocean. Movie screens dropped down from the ceiling, but only partially obstructed the view. The movie began to play and a large ship with a broad, red stripe started to appear on the horizon of the actual ocean, moving towards the shore. There must have been shipping yards near or in the village. It wasn't ominous, just stately and it added to the movie immensely. Everyone was very excited about the good fortune of a real ship approaching during their film. And somewhere in the background, maybe in the back of the theater, this overweight man and the woman with the red hair were falling in love, almost despite themselves. There was a sense that they were being pulled by forces beyond their control and starting to see their lives changing, just in a few moments. Then my alarm went off.
You Really Need to be Drinking Vermouth Right Now
10 years ago

1 comment:
awww. good dream. i miss love.
Post a Comment