I am staring out the window at a muffled snow morning here in Salt Lake City, Utah. So much like Boulder and Denver, being swallowed in all the white is letting me roll in familiar feelings. And in the sensation of newness, a darn appropriate metaphor right now.
I wish I had more time to write. There's so much unpacking to be done, all kinds of stuff stuffed into my internal backpack that needs to be released and aired. I've been training for my new job with Backroads and it is INtense. Bigger, better, badder and bolder than I could've imagined. But this little square of my world is much too busy and chaotic to allow for processing and reflection. So I think, in this moment, I will just take a five breaths to observe all the snow-covered branches, the fluffed-white rooftops and old-timey photograph mountains, inhale their illusion of rebirth and take a little touch of their peace.
My new assignment: after being trained stateside, I will be sent here to lead tours:

1 comment:
Opening a window to the new, wild unknown....and what could be a better theme than the Backroads? Perhaps take 10, 15, or limitless breaths as you allow your eyes to glow in a present inhalation of the entire scene; the beauty of not only what you see, but what you feel: Freedom, Newness, Excitement, Drive, and Passion. Love it. And love you darlin'. ~J
Post a Comment