It's amazing what we can get used to: temperature, lifestyle, distraction, little balls of fear.
Sometimes I wonder if we just trade one form of insanity for another, molding into our circumstances- some surrounding, some internal. It's our greatest characteristic as a species: massive plasticity. It is what brings any sort of beauty to war- human adjustments, people learning to shine despite heavy grey mist. It can also conjure a numbness where the nastiest parts of our natures endure. And internally, unchecked, can create repetitive mental patterns based around fear, assumption, control, anger.
I have been watching my reactions lately and find them swinging- the negative downslopes a bit frightening... and sneaky enough to slide under the radar of personal control. I don't want that kind of paradigm shift.
This is my written recognition. This is my attempt to lasso their low slung efforts and yank them to the surface to dry in the sun, floundering in rays of energy and heat.
You Really Need to be Drinking Vermouth Right Now
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment