There's a strong wind blowing, moving yellowing leaves around the streets...
shhhhhh....
Something has shifted, and for the better. Felt it yesterday in brief moments of objectivity. I could see myself, my repetitions in removed form. And smile about it. Take a step out and say,
How Interesting.
Lots of quiet "why's" started to show their answers.
Had to travel back to the old place at the end of 34th street yesterday. The trip was restorative, winding. My new location- beautiful, central, quiet- is a straight line home. There's no natural long way. From the old journey arose weaving, side streets, standing to touch leaves. Less cars, a bit of off roading. I felt mischievous and curious again. I need that again and in an every day way. I'm so unfocused, I can't hear the songs in my ears. Can't do one thing at a time. Hurrying everywhere I go, eyes to the road and not these swirling leaves.
S P A C E
in my head, in my time, in my movement. It's there, and the small pockets are potent. Just a matter of giving them respect and priority. Four seconds to really breathe, swerve between the leaves.
Write here.
You Really Need to be Drinking Vermouth Right Now
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment