Called a friend to ask for mechanic recommendations but not being able to reach him, I took a second more to examine the situation. Huh. There's smoke coming from the battery. That could mean something. When I push it gently, it makes a sparking noise. Take the keys out of the ignition. What is not right about this battery? The terminals are attached to the wires, the wires are all in one piece. There's metal melted onto its top. Where's the metal from? Oh, the arm that's supposed to hold it in place is touching a terminal. That might be bad. Rubber shoe and some pounding and the arm detached. Truck started. I did a little dance in the road.
And I got the inevitable email from Dan today. Said he wanted Truck shipped back to Massachusetts for his visit there. Something I offered to do right when I got her back. Something he said he didn't want because I needed a vehicle for winter. Wow, words and actions don't match. Big surprise. (I should delete those last two sentences). To his credit, he said to let him know what works best for my timeframe. After the weekend, please. I have a concert to see in Denver (hitrecordandplay.blogspot.com).
It's good to break this tie. I know that. I just can't help but feel a little sad. Somebody's hitting the bag tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment