And I’m glad I didn’t have a wedding. It was fun to plan an “Alpine” wedding – John and Bev’s caddy for a limo, flowers from Eve’s Garden, Juan and Andrew smoking the hell out of veggies and meat for the meal- but I can hardly imagine doing it again in some larger city, spending tons of money, not really knowing the quality of everything. Blah, blah.
BUT! There’s one thing I’ve missed out of the whole process. It had really turned into a celebration of loved ones and friends. I was enjoying picking out a specific bottle of wine for each of my 8 attendants

(because we are all like wine- made of the same stuff, but each with our own character, hints and finishes)
writing them little poems about all the things I loved about them, putting their descriptions up on our wedding site. If there was anything I learned from that process (and traveling), it’s that these people are the most precious gifts I have in my life.
I want to do that for them here- call them out and sing their praises. And add the praises of other folks I have met and become close to since then. I don’t know how I’ve met so many incredible people in my life, but I am so, so lucky. Going in no particular order, I’d like to start with LeeAnn and Daniel.

No comments:
Post a Comment