Thursday, May 29, 2008

drifting ship

That's about how I've felt the last few days. Afternoon hours before work are spent drifting around the house from one unfinished task to the next. Motivation is bottoming out. Yesterday after the run was slightly better, but it's an underlying current, an undertoe to all the other brightness I'm trying to maintain. I like being at work because I know what to do, how to do it and I am generally distracted. I've been asking a lot of people questions and enjoying just listening to them talk. Otherwise, except for a nightly call to J, I am pretty nonsocial. It seems like an awful lot of effort to write or call folks, then be honest about significant things.

There's an acupuncture appointment set up next Tuesday to help deal with the issue, but until then I'm not sure if it would be best to force myself out of this, or just allow it to be.

I guess we all get to breakdown a touch sometimes.


Me and Mom

1 comment:

mbs said...

I know you'll be fine. You're a badass. If you have trouble keeping a cheery attitude, at least think of the big picture. Now think bigger...

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States