Monday, January 24, 2011

effervecent skin

I just got out of an alkalizing bath- meaning it was sprinkled with baking soda- and my skin is tingling. It could have been the water, or perhaps the "brushing" treatment I gave myself before going in. Part of the detox involves taking a soft brush to your skin and moving in a circular motion from the feet to the heart, then from the head down to the heart again. It is supposed to stimulate your lymphatic system. I did it last night but sloppily; took more time with it today and it feels amazing!

In fact, I feel generally amazing overall. Walking out of work today I caught my first glimpse of real energy returning. Part is probably the end of this cold, but some might have to do with the healthy, rich nutrients I've been limiting myself to the past two days.

And man, that limiting has been a challenge. You'd think two days would be nothing, but I watched my appetite jump all over the place at work today. Everything I wasn't supposed to eat looked good- the chocolate torte, a creamy pasta with mushrooms, the chicken on portabella with a crema poured on top, the coffee, a glass of milk, the sugar packets. Every time I realized this craving, there would be a slight delay and I'd realize it was forbidden. That made me want it even more. This happened during my short Master Cleanse attempt (3 days) in Denver and I saw, for the first time, that there is a real difference between hunger and appetite. I wasn't hungry. I had a 3 course meal plus dessert before coming into work. I had just developed such an appetite for fat and sugar, I was craving it madly.

It didn't used to be this way. I 'fell of the wagon', or rather took off the restraints for awhile and let myself have pretty much whatever wouldn't make me sick. It spoke to me emotionally and I'm glad I took that trip: ate a lot of things I had missed out on, experimented some, rediscovered which meats I like and which ones I don't care for. Put on some much needed weight. I'm glad I know what that feels like. And I'm glad I am rediscovering how a different approach feels too. Because then I can choose, and that's much more powerful than limiting myself to one perspective.

I cannot wait for tomorrow! Especially if I wake up with the kind of energy I feel building in my body now. Yoga again, finally! And searching out an all-natural gluten free cafe someone told me about. Maybe even a run! Plus acupuncture and massage. Things are getting exiting now. Day Three: Bring It!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States