Wednesday, December 12, 2007

exinsomnia

Had my first normal night of sleep last night, in about a month. I feel so much better. Might be that I told myself all day, "You have to go to sleep" while I was studying- that would wake me up. Then when I laid down, I told me, "You have to study." That knocked me right out.

Or it was getting up at 6:30 am.

Or, and I think this was it, I shifted my bed a foot to the right on the diagonal. I swear it felt different. All those sleep aids and blacking out the windows and avoiding coffee and hot baths and meditation- all it took was a shift in the bed. Feng Shui says if your feet face a door, your soul will be pulled out while you sleep. My feet face the open closet.



Perhaps my sleeper soul would sneak out of my toes and go curl up with my shoes, like a cat, leaving my waking body to toss a turn. Nowhere for it to go now. We'll just have to hang out together and enjoy some dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meg-

Did you get my email?

Alicia W.
carana88@gmail.com

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States