Just a few quick thoughts:
I left class this morning on the edge of tears. This happens sometimes and I usually just let it go, find a quiet place and cry them out. I don't have that kind of time today so I started asking, "Why?" Trying to be rational about emotion.
Keep teeth together, earphones in pocket, and ask, "What do you hear?"
"Why did you ride your bike in the ice today? That was stupid. Christian said you seem like a sad person. Maybe you are. You're taking too long on this Indonesian project- you have two more finals to do! You're too, you're not enough, you're not doing..."
Stop.
What the fuck?
Man, I wouldn't be friends with someone who said these things. Why am I letting myself get away with it?
What we tell ourselves is very important in determining our world.
Do not underestimate positivity. Especially when you are tired and overwhelmed.
Time to get excited for finals, to try an enjoy this nutty next week.
You Really Need to be Drinking Vermouth Right Now
10 years ago

1 comment:
"Wouldn't be friends with someone who thought these things." Pretty good realization. Not sure if it's a better approximation, but I had the idea that maybe "Would I be proud of a parent with these expectations?" might be a better criterion.
Post a Comment