My fortune cookie from lunch read:

"It's time to get moving. Your spirits will lift accordingly."
A couple weeks off (not time quite yet), but that's right.
I had to get some sense of motion now to deflect this antsyness.
Stayed in Denver so I could take the city bus out of it.
I love the low murmur of other voices and the lottery of seatmates; reading and moving (multitasking). It's so sweet to look up and see cityscape pass by, making a note of future stores to visit, craning my neck to watch strings of holiday lights parade overhead. I get a little thrill running through the urban jungle to catch the next ride, always a few steps behind. I felt anticipation when a sparkling bed came into view over the mountain, even though I realize it's just Boulder, and I am close to knowing it like the back of my hand. I loved the way my last driver announced every stop carefully with possible interchanges, even though I was his only passenger and he knew exactly where I was going. At one stop, this gentleman's scarf got caught in the wind and stuck to my jacket. We both laughed- he looked very British in a twill coat and plaid neck wrap, slightly pointy nose and very pale skin. Just to catch his eye for a second and share some joy was a real pleasure.
I love the low murmur of other voices and the lottery of seatmates; reading and moving (multitasking). It's so sweet to look up and see cityscape pass by, making a note of future stores to visit, craning my neck to watch strings of holiday lights parade overhead. I get a little thrill running through the urban jungle to catch the next ride, always a few steps behind. I felt anticipation when a sparkling bed came into view over the mountain, even though I realize it's just Boulder, and I am close to knowing it like the back of my hand. I loved the way my last driver announced every stop carefully with possible interchanges, even though I was his only passenger and he knew exactly where I was going. At one stop, this gentleman's scarf got caught in the wind and stuck to my jacket. We both laughed- he looked very British in a twill coat and plaid neck wrap, slightly pointy nose and very pale skin. Just to catch his eye for a second and share some joy was a real pleasure.
I wouldn't say I'm lonely, mostly because I hate to admit that. But also because I have no reason- classmates call every night to study, I hung out with a great philosophy grad kid last night, we're going snowboarding this weekend, my roommates are always home. There's a lot of interaction... but something is lacking. And the only way I know to fill it is, well, the way I handle all my discomforts. Run.Flight.Distract. Imagine a wonderland of endless possibility. Re-enter the infinity.
Get moving.

No comments:
Post a Comment