Thursday, November 1, 2007

Meet Beet




I hope I'm not jinxing this by posting these pre-purchase but I am just plain excited.

My parents, psychic as they are, started looking at a car for me last week, before I heard about Truck's departure. When I told them about the email, they were ready with a report on this little yellow VW Bug for sale in Alpine. Since then, they've taken it to be inspected, checked it out themselves, driven it on the highway for speed tests and approved its condition. How did I get so lucky to have these people as guardians?

The transaction should go down tomorrow and I will be able to drive Beet back after Christmas break. Wow!

Facts:

Engine in the back (good traction in the snow)
4 cylinder
Standard (finally!)
Speedometer reads 65K, which could be 165K or 365K. Anyone's guess
31 years old
Funky without trying too hard

She's sweet. Meet Beet:

1 comment:

mbs said...

super cool. would you reccomend i spend a lot to fix up my old car? old cars have style that just cannot be .. beet.

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States