Friday, January 18, 2008

fallow

Life has been off-kilter, spinning like an improperly weighted top. I think it's just adjustment to a new semester, new schedule, new brain tunings for new classes, meeting more new people... for that last one, I'd like to be (or appear) perfectly balanced. But that's just not the way things like this work.

In the end, it's all left me tongue-tied. I have things I want to write about, but they aren't what I want posted. So, with a healthy dose of self-forgiveness, I'm going to allow myself to write here when something warrants it. And allow it to lay fallow when that energy should go on paper instead.

When you let a garden lay fallow, it regenerates... replenishes the nutrients needed to grow a better crop. Perhaps this will be the same.

1 comment:

mbs said...

It will be the same, only because the dirt of your blog is alive.

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States