Friday, January 25, 2008

great-full

I've been in a not-so-great mood most of today. Part of it is the extreme wind so that I can't ride my bike North or South, lest I be blown over (I tried). Exercise makes me happy. And part of it might've been from the wonderful massage I received from my roomie today. Sometimes those release things you hide in your body. And part of it might stem from being a woman. The image of a chocolate bar is floating constantly behind my eyes.

So, the best thing to do on rough days is to think about what you're grateful for. This is by no means a complete list:

1) My health, ability to try new things with my body and to move without assistance, to wake with energy every day
2) Being loved and loving, all those many, many, many people in my life I get to share this with
3) The phone call I just received from my friend Aaron, letting me know that he was drunk and eating french fries and that his waiter just refilled his water. The one I just got from Z, telling me he's printing out my favorites of his photos and that he's getting them to me as fast as possible to cheer me up. And the engagement/wedding announcement I just got from my friend Erin (and being able to be back in time to witness it).
4) A warm house and protection from this intense wind, if I so choose it
5) Good roommates, great classmates, and a host of new people I am excited to know better
6) The people I have known for years and still get to know today in intense, intimate ways that don't need much explanation
7) Incredible parents who show me how to be a good person in the world. And a sister I feel attached to like my other half
8) Music, always, music
9) Animals that show me the innocence of adoration
10) My Ole Blue bike, trusty steed
11) A world full of wonder, forever ready for exploration
12) Lessons that come from mistakes- gold in the muck
13) Being paid to go to school and learn about what I love. And learning more things to love.

My life is good. Scratch that. My life is great. Scratch that. I am one of the luckiest people in the world and life, this living, this waking, moving, opening, stretching experience is indescribably wonderful.

Attitude is everything.
_____________________________________
Today the Universe says:

I'd say the biggest decisions of your life, Margaret, were not your career, your marital status, or your home... they were choosing to love as often as you have.
And that's a lot,
The Universe
PS Especially, Margaret, when it seemed in vain. It never is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are blessed. Good to remind ourselves sometimes, isn't it?

mbs said...

bike pict pls. here's mine

mbs said...

wow, check it: http://www.mexicanpictures.com/headingeast/2008/01/pineapple.html

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States