Tuesday, January 8, 2008

owie

My ass hurts a little here, sitting at the computer.  I survived my first day of snowboarding... seeing as though I was on the bunny slope 4 out of the 5 hours we were out there, I guess that's not such a feat.  But!  I did make it down one other slope, one time, without falling.  I consider that incredible.

I learned the power of humility today.  Going into it, everyone said, 

You'll be bruised, black and blue, pretty much from head to toe.  Don't be discouraged.  You're going to suck.

Okay then- set my expectations really low.  And I did okay!  I mean, okay for a beginner.  But I learned to turn the board and even go down backwards.  Every little thing I did right was an accomplishment but nothing to get cocky about. Something in that attitude worked for further learning.  Good lesson: humility can further learning.  

*Groan* And a hot bath with Epson salt can further healing...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States