Tim, I am not responding to your email, just like you asked. I'd hate for you to have a backlog of magmails. So I'm just writing a blog that I know you'll read and casually mentioning your last correspondence in it. Loopholes are fun.
There's no pressure to respond. I can see how the news was a shocker, but there's no need to write much in regards to it. Makes me a little uncomfortable talking extensively about it, honestly. I'm just not ready to comprehend all that goes on in that relationship. And another 11 page email might weigh down our friendship with elaboration :) Of course, say whatever you feel you need- just know there's no expectation.
I'm currently sipping a Theraflu knockoff. Despite my best efforts to tell my body it's not sick anymore, it persists in sneezing, running a fever and being stuffy. Selective hearing apparently. Perhaps me riding around town for hours in the damp, freezing weather today didn't help much either... but I so missed my bike, missed being outdoors and feeling like a kid.
Next scene for your screenplay: the karaoke guy texted and invited me out to play trivia at a local bar. I had to tell him I had a cold and ask if we could meet later in the week. If I weren't so tired, I'd feel excited about it all. It's neat getting to know someone new.
Tomorrow is two days after snowboarding. The end of today started to get really painful and my roommate said she couldn't get out of bed after her first attempts. The second day's always the worst. I'm hoping the painkiller in the Theraflu will help with this too. If not, reading in bed all day sounds pretty nice. I also rented Broken English with Parker Posie- a story about a girl who loses faith in relationships. I like it. I have to finish High Fidelity as well- never got all the way through it. Could be a good day, bedridden.
Okay, you, have fun with your new video recorder! You are going to make beautiful things with that little machine, I know it already.
PS Your shoutout comment's been posted on "nicknames." So funny! I can totally see that happening on Survivor or even that one we worked on Alpine- Ranch House something... especially the margaritas part.
You Really Need to be Drinking Vermouth Right Now
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment