Today for example. I found pants to be too cold yesterday so I decided to layer this morning. My pants don't fit inside each other so I put on dark blue, footless stockings, a bright seagreen long skirt and a wrap around olive colored skirt on top. Then knee-high socks and my smartwool over that, topping it off with shin-high boots. A dark blue shirt then went under a mid-light blue sweater. Tan scarf. Black liner coat and big leather coat over. Blah na iek nto mamama. It made but little sense.

Then arriving home, I spent some time petting the neighbor's snug- this talkative, fuzzy kitty. As I was doing so, my bike fell and landed on my shoulder. When I stood to correct it my mitten got caught on the handlebar and I slipped on an icepatch while stabbing my foot with the kickstand. Just as I looked up, I saw our very cute neighbor who witnessed the whole fiasco. His dog ran over to say 'hi' as I was trying to open the door and he followed to retrieve her. My roommates and I have arguments with our door every day and today it was particularly stuck. I pushed and pulled and heaved and mashed down on the handle (motherfuckin monkeys of jesus gad damnit why won't you)
*smile* "So, how are you?"
We chatted a bit and the door finally flew open. My backpack caught on the screendoor handle as I walked in and I tumbled backwards (shit! holy mother of!)
*Ahem* "Have a great day!"
And tonight is dodgeball. Our costume theme (because we have the coolest team ever) is camo. I bought a 1/2 yard of the best camo in the world- Dinosaurs! And will be wrapping it around my head and painting my face like a warrior. With bright red, velcro shoes and electric pink socks, I'll be growling at the opposition like I mean it. At least this time, I'll be smooth on purpose.
_______________________________________
Follow up: and the smoothness continues.
At dodgeball tonight I carried out the coolness of the day in three main ways.
1) I yelled at a guy on the other team. It was just he and I left on the court and he wasn't that far away from me, throwing the balls with mad force and up high. Right before he hit me in the back, I screamed in a very sorority girl voice, "Do you have to throw so hard?!"
2) The same guy hit me in the face/ear in the next round and it smarted royally. I turned on him pointing and yelled, "You!" Even though I wasn't technically out, I wanted to cry and knew I couldn't stay in. I forfeited the round.
3) Next time, I thought I was alone again on the court and called a time out, which you can do if there is only one person left; you can then choose someone to replace you. But there wasn't just one person left, there were two. I just didn't see the other girl in my panic. She later tried to call a time-out for herself, but I had used it for the game and she was stuck defending for herself.
Beautiful. Classic. Tried to smooth it over by hitting Southern Sun, then going karaokeing with the anthro group. Sang Crocodile Rock by Elton John because of the "Lalalalala" parts. I wanted to sound like the Muppets when they sang with them. Yes, I kept the war paint and headband.

No comments:
Post a Comment